Treatment | LASER
LASER THERAPY – A NEW SOLUTION FOR HEALING
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR YOUR PET
We are passionate about providing exceptional animal rehabilitation services to the veterinary industry and pet owners.
LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation – the
use of specific wavelengths of light to treat painful and debilitating conditions.
HOW DOES IT WORK? Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates
inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the
damaged cells. This is a non-invasive, drug and pain free treatment.
WHAT IS MLS LASER? MLS is a Class IV laser (meaning it is strong, so our
treatment duration is shorter to obtain a therapeutic dose). Safety precautions
are undertaken (including safety goggles and doggles).
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TREATMENT? Average treatment is 8 mins included
in your Physiotherapy session or combined in package with underwater treadmill.
Acute conditions: resolved in a few treatments. Chronic conditions: multiple
treatments may be required over several weeks. Average course 7-10 treatments
What are the benefits?
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY EFFECT
- ANALGESIC EFFECT
- ACCELERATED TISSUE REPAIR AND CELL GROWTH
- IMPROVED VASCULAR ACTIVITY
- INCREASES METABOLIC ACTIVITY
- STIMULATION OF TRIGGER & ACUPUNCTURE POINTS
- REDUCED FIBROUS TISSUE FORMATION
- IMPROVED NERVE FUNCTION
- FASTER WOUND HEALING
- 980nm laser irradiation improved functional recovery after peroneal nerve injury in rabbits. Helina Moges, Xingjia Wu, Brian Pryor, Jason Smith, Juanita Anders
- Promotion of Regenerative Processes in Injured Peripheral Nerve Induced by Low-Level Laser Therapy
- Low-Level Laser Irradiation Improves Functional Recovery and Nerve Regeneration in Sciatic Nerve Crush Rat Injury Model
- Laser Therapy in Companion Animals – What It Is, How It Works, & When It Benefits Patients
Preliminary evaluation of the effects of photobiomodulation therapy and physical rehabilitation on early postoperative recovery of dogs undergoing hemilaminectomy for treatment of thoracolumbar intervertebral disk disease
We provide packages to combine more regular use of the Laser therapy with underwater treadmill sessions. In the early stages of healing this may be recommended x1-2/week to maximise healing and recovery.