Treatment | NUTRITION
Cats and dogs have different nutritional needs to each other and that of humans. Despite popular belief, their digestive systems haven’t evolved over time to cope with modified modern processed foods that are high in carbohydrates and contain nutrient deficiencies and excesses.
Animals, like humans, are made up of small living cells; the basic building blocks of life, responsible for all of life’s processes through growth, development and day-to-day functioning.
Optimal health needs optimal cell health and function which requires the essential nutrients found in natural foods. Species-specific diets consist of foods that a species must consume in order to thrive, not just survive, and one that the body has evolved to digest in order for optimal nutrient absorption.
The correct diet, with supplemental enzymes, that supports digestion and nutrient absorption will ensure the healthy functioning of the digestive system which supports all body systems, including the brain.
Providing your pet with a tailored species-specific diet or non-pharmaceutical supplementation recommendations will give the body the tools it needs.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Maximum nutrient absorption and bioavailability of nutrients by the body
- Reduction/elimination of inflammatory responses that can lead to allergies, illness and disease
- Improved gut microbiome and immune syste
- Provides the body with the tools it needs to heal and recover from injuries or accidents
- Supports optimal growth, development and fertility
- Improved longevity, stamina and resistance to parasites
- Healthy skin, coat and reduced odour
- Improved dental health
- Happier, healthier and contented companion pets
We discuss and assess each individual animal’s needs based on the current diet, lifestyle and any current health conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: If your dog is on a Veterinary prescribed diet this transition will need to be discussed with your treating Veterinarian prior to a consultation. Please contact reception for more information and to organise a consultation in the clinic or via telehealth.